I’ve unpacked all the FDS interior liners and started adding the brackets to the nose!
I have completed the top of the base by adding a 1/4″ thick rubber diamond plate mat to the top! It is commonly used in garages but works great here and is 1/2 the cost of real diamond plate. Plus, I donMt have to drill through metal!
Then I added the final top parts of the shell and with two other people, lifted the shell onto the base. Finally I mounted the shell to the base and it came out great! Next is the liners!
The base that the shell will sit on has been built. It has four 360 degree locking casters so it can be moved if necessary. Tomorrow I will paint the base with a gray epoxy resin.
I spent most of the day assembling the nose shell. With help it was still a little challenging but the builder in me conquered it! Just 3 more roof panels to go then it’s on to the base!